My strategy for tracking and referencing source material is pretty simplistic at this point. When I search articles on Google Scholar, I star them to add them to my library there. After reading an article, if I decide to use the source, I grab the APA reference citation from the Google Scholar search listing and add it to my references. I type in my direct or indirect quote and create the in-text citation to correspond to the source in the reference list, adjusting in case of multiple references by the same author(s) in a year.
For sources found elsewhere, I use the same method, copying the reference citation if possible and creating it myself otherwise.
I know there are a number of other ways to do this, but this mostly manual method helps implant the sources and contents into my thinking. Plus, the more a create citations myself, the better and faster I get at using APA format.
Here's a screenshot of a part of my Google Scholar library:

No comments:
Post a Comment