OK, I've had Friday penciled in for research and writing for the dissertation for about a year. This is the first Friday that I'll be able to spend a few hours on the project. Fortunately for me, it's still daylight, and I'm into that first hour after unscheduled work calls and emails have been resolved.
The first thing I did, after closing the bunches of work tabs on my computer browser, was to email my committee chair. That took some courage. I've emailed her a few times over the past month with my reasons for delay and best intentions. I didn't want this email to be the same, so I've put it off for a couple of weeks until I had a little work behind me. But I need the accountability and connection.
![]() |
| partial screenshot of the dreaded email, which I did send! |
OK, assuming my chair responds with a regular "meeting" time, I'll have locked myself into producing. It's time to get real. Now back to the mapping, reviewing, and adding to my baby drafts.
Hoping for the best this semester, and away from THIS mode!

No comments:
Post a Comment